FULL BODY MAPPING | MOLES
Mole Checks and Full body Mapping are available at Nillumbik Medical Centre
Our Mole Check service is conducted by an experienced doctor utilizing our Dermengine Software.
Full Body Mapping is conducted by a fully qualified dermal clinician/dermoscopist
HOW DO I BOOK AN APPOINTMENT TO GET MY MOLES CHECKED?
1. Please call Nillumbik Medical on 9430 8888 and our lovely team will help organise your mole check appointments.
Email: email@example.com for more information/bookings
How much will Mole Check and Full Body Mapping screening cost?
|Full Body Examination (30 mins with Doctor) Includes Dermoscopic images
Full Body Mapping with Dermal Clinician (20 mins)
|$300 rebate $75.75
Out of Pocket Cost $224.25
WHAT IS DERMENGINE?
Dermengine is the programme used to document your images. It is a non-invasive diagnostic tool used to evaluate and screen the skin, particularly moles and freckles to aid in the early detection of melanoma and or other skin lesions.
Dermengine is not 100% effective in detecting melanomas and other skin lesions. Regular self-skin examination is still recommended, however Full body mole checks/imaging aid in the earlier detection of potential lesions and facilitates a thorough skin examination.
WHAT IS FULL BODY MAPPING?
- Full Body Imaging or (Total Body Photography ) is conducted at Complete Skin Co Laser and Cosmetic Clinic by a qualified Dermal Clinician.
- The role of the clinician is to simply take 28 full body images, which will then be uploaded to your patient profile. This will create a base line for when you return for a follow up session, which will either be 6-12 months’ time.
- Our system can record where on your body your moles are located ad if any new lesions appear over time.
WHO IS TOTAL BODY MAPPING RECOMMENDED FOR?
Mole mapping is suggested for people who would like assistance in detecting new or changing spots. This is a great service if you would like a baseline to compare to in the future. People with many moles maybe recommended to have repeated total body imaging periodically as a way of checking for new or changing spots they might not have otherwise noticed.
Annual Full Body Mole Checks screening is recommended every 12 months to review existing moles, skin lesions or any other skin changes. Review appointments may also be recommended by your doctor to closely monitor existing lesions and or moles.
YOUR MOLE CHECK APPOINTMENT
- Make up to be removed prior to appointment
- Fake tan to be removed prior to appointment
- Jewellery to be removed prior to appointment
- Hair to be tied up prior to appointment
- You will be asked to remove your outer clothing, and don procedure gown provided by clinic. If you have any lesions, moles or areas of concern underneath your underwear please notify our clinician.
- The scalp and genital area are not part of the screening process, although if you do have a lesion/mole within these areas you would like to have screened, notify our clinician and these areas can be added to your screening.
- If the patient is 16 years or younger, a parent or legal guardian must be present throughout the appointment.
- Mole Mapping will take approximately 30 minutes with our imaging clinician.
FOLLOW UP APPOINTMENTS
- As mentioned earlier you may be required to return for a follow up appointment with your Doctor to review your Full Body Mapping images.
- If you have been referred by your local GP to our clinic you are still required to make an appointment with a Doctor from one of our Medical Centres to receive your results.
- If your Dermengine results indicate a biopsy or an excision is required you will be referred to our Procedure clinic. Your Doctor will inform you of this process and any associated costs.